Thursday, March 19, 2009

Visit with Grandma Downs and Company

Lexi and I drove out to Utah to visit our family out here and had a blast!!! The drive out was surprsingly quiet. I didn't know what to expect from Lexi considering she was diagoned with the flu and croup two days before our trip. She slept most of the way and was very happy to arrive at Grandma's. This is a four generation photo. My dad, me, Lexi and Lexi's great grandma, my dad's mother.





During the trip we were able to relax and have a few surprises. My mom and I wanted to go shopping so we went to Kohl's. They had the Easter ducks and my mom was showing them to Lexi. She kept repeating the word duck the rest of the day. Before we left for Utah we took a drive down to the Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs with Nate. At this time Lexi was taking a few steps by herself, but always wanted assistance walking. Today we went to the park and she didn't want any help and walked around the entire park all by herself. She did face plant in the molch, but dusted herself off and kept going.

My older brother Trent and his family live a ways out from my mom, so we took a drive to have dinner with them. Lexi was ready with sunglasses and all! Trent made delicious hamburgers and potatoe salad. Talon and Lexi enjoyed their milk. After the gathering we dropped off my little brother Jake and Lexi waved bye bye and said , "Bye Jake." She kept waving her hand until we reached the freeway.


My mom and I took Lexi to dinosaur park and we all had a great time. The weather was beautiful and Lexi loved the dinosaurs and sitting on the rocks. We have one very exciting visit left to make and then we are headed back home. We are very blessed to have such wonderful friends and family.


6 comments:

Eliza said...

Sounds like you are having a great vacation! Thanks for sharing! And she is WALKING!! yeah lexi!

Sarah said...

Fun! My goodness, Lexi looks sooo old in that pic. w/ the sunglasses!!! I'm too much of a scaredy cat to drive to Utah with just Kaelah & I. She can barely make it to Denver!

Karen said...

Fun vacation time! Go lexi on walking and doing so well in the car! =)

Bartlett Family said...

It was so good to see you guys again. thank you for staying with us. Next time Kenner said he wants to have breakfast with Dre. I told him it's a date. We love you guys and we're glad you had a wonderful trip.

Emily said...

Sounds fun!! Drake is in the walking phase himself....sometimes he needs assistance and then other times he goes by himself. Dont you love it though?? I love when they learn something new!! Its like the neatest thing in the world!!

Tim and Family said...

What a fun trip!!! Glad you survived the drive!When you get home, we can't wait to have another play date