Thursday, August 14, 2008

Happy Camper


My family gets together every year for a Downs Reunion. This year we went up to Estes Park to camp. Being a first time mother and naive I figured this would be a lot of fun for Lexi. Lexi had major separation anxiety issues plus she would not take a nap unless someone was holding her. She cried a lot, I felt it was more than a lot. I kept feeling sorry for everyone around us that had to hear her crying. My cute 8 year old niece Courtney said, "She is really cute, but she hurts my ears when she cries."
To calm Lexi down I will sing Primary songs or nursery rhymes. Lexi once again was crying for who knows why and all of my cute nieces came to the rescue to sing to her. It was very precious. My adorable niece Addison who is 5requested we sing I Love to See the Temple and she knew every single word. It was very sweet. My family was very patient with our screaming dramatic baby and we did have a great time now looking back. Some of the major highlights were my sister in law Stacie's brother and his family that live in CO were able to come up for a night. They have a twelve month old who was a super camper! We played jump rope and I was still able to double dutch, which was way exciting. We took a beautiful drive up to the timberline that was filled with all kinds of amazing scenery. I am so thankful we have these reunions with everyone split up. Through all of the tears we were able to get some pictures of a happy babe.

5 comments:

Eliza said...

These are cute pictures! Glad you had a fun time with the fam! The one of the three of you with cheesy grins is awesome!!! ;o)

Andrews family said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! I guess the one good thing about separation anxiety... at least you know they love you!

Sarah said...

I love that family picture too! I really didn't think Lexi cried that much... Kaelah's puke is what I thought really caused a pain. (: I'm grateful we're not camping THIS weekend! I turned the heat on this morning! Burrr!

Ryan and Shalee said...

Holy Cow. I am so glad that you have a blog. I have been wondering what you have been up to. I hope you remember me cause you were one of my fav seniors and you made volleyball so fun. It was Shalee Hadfield but now Shalee Nay. ryanandshalee.blogspot.com

Karen said...

Cute pictures! Love the one also of the cheesy grins. =) Sorry about all of the crying, that is really hard. Glad you made it through though! =) Very sweet of your neices to come and sing to her!