Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Utah Trip


Our Family drove out to visit my side of the family a couple of weeks ago and had a very good time. This was the first time most family members were able to meet Lexi. We started out with a baby shower that was a lot of fun and Lexi was given a lot of cute summer clothes and fun toys. My niece Addison is a huge helper and loved helping give our presents and passing out napkins. My mother in law and wonderful sister in laws Juila and Kristin came, and of course as always Lexi fell asleep in her Grandma's arms.

After the shower we went to mine and Nate's favorite burger stop, Burger Bar. Nate said that was one of the high lights of his trip. The burgers there are amazing.
One of the main events of the trip was going to see our new nephew Kameron James Lund blessed. However I thought that Nate grabbed the camera and I assumed he did, so needless to say we have no pictures. But just imagine a very happy baby with a huge smile. He is adorable! We had a lot of fun at the Bartlett's playing settlers. On Monday we went to visit my Grandpa and Grandma Cheever. My Grandma suffers from dementia and is currently in a nursing home right now. She loved seeing Lexi! She has only met Nate one time, our wedding day, and we asked her if she remembered who he was and she simply said, "He looks like he belongs." My favorite part was that Lexi was able to meet a hero. Through all of my Grandma's physical and mental suffering if you ask her how she is she will simply say,"Happy! Is there any other way to be?"
After the wonderful visit we headed over the the Hill Air Force Base Museum. Nate had never been there before and I loved going there as a kid. We had a great time looking and all the different planes and learning more about the Air Force.

Our favorite times were spending time with family. Nate left a week earlier than Lexi and me. After he left my sister Natalie from California drove up. We went over to my brother Trent's in Salt Lake for dinner and games. While we were eating I noticed Talon had something shiny on his finger and was going to give it to Lexi. Trent jumped from his chair and discovered Talon was attempting to share his bugers with Lexi. Talon and Addison loved helping out the baby.










At the conclusion of our trip we had a barbecue out in the back yard with my sisters, parents, little brother and his awesome finance Bre. We had a lot of fun and we are so thankful to be part of such a wonderful family.

4 comments:

Tim and Family said...

Yea for family. That is so good that you had a great time in Utah! I remember when you took me to the air plane museum, it was fun then too!

Karen said...

Family is great! I'm so glad that you all got to be together. It looks like you had lot's of fun! Oh by the way I love the whole Downs family, I miss you guys so much!

Andrews family said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! It's always so fun to get together as a family (especially when you have a cute baby to show off!)

kelsey said...

Hi Dre! I was snooping around some blogs and found your cute family. Lexi is so adorable! Looks like she's going to be tall and thin, just like her mom! Stop by our blog sometime, joeandkelsey.blogspot.com.

Joey and Kelsey Poll